@[email protected] I agree in the sense that if you don't find an written AI book strange there's something wrong - generated writing has nothing much in the way of actual content. But 'LLM, rewrite the points in this article for my precious SEO juice' versus 'I'm going to try and write my first technical blog post and I come from somewhere that isn't the US/UK" is something that needs to be assessed on context not denegrating the people who 'have LLM writing tells.'
Although I suppose some of that comes down to GenAI created (almost certainly meaning free) versus GenAI ripping off (almost impossible to tell from human written because a human supplied all of the meaning that is now being ripped off)
@[email protected] I agree with a lot of your thoughts on AI, but I'm afraid on this one I'm going to have to say that is a dangerous take that harms the people who were paid to help train the models (generally people in low income countries dealing with enough crap already). If an AI chances to produce information that isn't nonsense, style isn't a good indicator of AI authorship; a good write up of how this causes harm is this one: segunfamisa.com/posts/no-you...
No. You can't tell it was written by AI – SF